The club has a long history in the Bracken Ridge and surrounding areas providing a hub for those families who have an interest in the sport of swimming. Perhaps the club’s greatest strength is its sense of family with many former members now returning with their own children.
The club is only as strong as its members and accordingly each member plays a significant role maintaining that strength.
The club’s mission is to provide programs and activities that promote:
- family and friendship;
- fun and fitness;
- competition and improvement; and
- a healthy lifestyle.
In action the club offers:
- weekly competition that focuses on individual improvement;
- seasonal Championships that focus on performance;
- team based competition;
- awards that celebrate participation, improvement and performance;
- access to inter-club, regional, state and national competition; and
- social activities.
- social activities following swimming events;
- regular Squad breakfasts on a Saturday morning;
- non swimming Family activities; and
- the Annual Presentation Dinner.
The club meets each Tuesday night at the Dick Crone Pool, Denham Street Bracken Ridge. Swimmers compete against their own times from week to week and thus the emphasis is on individual improvement and participation.
The club conducts championship events in the summer season where swimmers compete in age groups. This competition complements Club Nights as it rewards individual excellence.
Inter-Club & Representative Competition
Throughout the season the club competes in meets with other swimming clubs. The competition is invaluable to our swimmers and eagerly sought. The club also competes in meets conducted by Swimming Queensland (SQ) and Brisbane Swimming Association (BSA).
Membership Form & Fees