Key focus areas:
- Streamline on front and back on top and under water
- Kicking freestyle, backstroke and butterfly
- Floating and balance while carrying out movement
- Backstroke arm movement
- Freestyle bi-lateral breathing
To graduate to Whale the swimmer must demonstrate proficiency in:
- Butterfly kick in streamline position with a board for three meters.
- Log rolls to both sides for five meters each.
- Dolphin (underwater butterfly kick in streamline position) for three meters.
- Lay still on the bottom for five seconds.
- Bi-lateral (breathing to both sides) Freestyle on a board for five meters.
- Backstroke on a board for five meters.
- Sculling in one spot with head out of the water for ten seconds.
- Dive in from the side off two feet.